Monday, July 18, 2005

Contest



It's not too intimidating to post caricatures of people most don't know...who's to say 'that doesn't look like so and so' if there's no reference. So I thought I'd post some more familiar faces and see if people can guess who they are, make sort of a contest out of it. If it goes well hopefully there will be more contests. One prize I'd like to offer at some point is a free one month trial membership to www.CartoonRetro.com where you can see illustrations from some real caricature artists. People like Roy Nelson, William Auerbach-Levy, and a slew of others.

SO the contest is...

If you guess both caricatures correctly and are the first to post I'll send you 12 dollars annddddd....86 cents, the exact amount of money I have on my person right now.

It's a win win for me...nobody guesses right, I'm a lousy caricature artist but get to keep my $12.86...somebody guesses correctly and I've done at least an adequate job and may have a future with this 'art thing' after all.

Best of Luck...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blockhead Georges Bush n' Lucas!
Great job, by the way. I dig Bush's smirk, and Lucas is perfect.

And keep yer money. :)

Anonymous said...

Whatever Ron Amorim, that's totally Mike Tyson and Madonna. Pay up, Osmond! If you weren't such a good artist, I'd feel bad about putting you in the poor house.

Luke

Katie said...

When I saw your header for this post, I thought you meant "Contest: which George is smarter?" Ha! I think your contest is too easy!! But anyhow, these are great. Post some more!!

Chad Coyle said...

Fred, these are amazing. I especially like the Lucas complete with bulging neck- sack.

Anonymous said...

Lucas has a beard only to define where his neck ends and where his head begins. Nice work Fred!

Fred Osmond said...

ron amorim is the big winner of the first contest. Great job ron! seeing as how he's declined the monetary prize the money will roll over to the next contest where 3 dimes and a stale 'milkbone' will be added to the pot.

thrillpier said...

This story shows why it is so important to discuss
your wishes. Talking with your family and health care
providers ahead of time can prevent confusion and
help ease the burden on them.
website design tutorialsInterior Designer Miami